Upgrading your server might not seem like something obvious – and it’s a process we’re working to improve. But until then, you have a few options. We’ll explain the steps and process involved in upgrading your service here to make your day a little easier, though!
Typically we quote you the cost, and once you verify you’re happy with that, we invoice you. This is the difference between your current package & the package you’re upgrading to; for the remaining time on your billing cycle. So for example, if the difference between the two packages was $10, and you were half way through your current billing cycle – you would pay $5 to upgrade your server today.
Once you’ve been invoiced, and the invoice has been paid, your service will automatically upgrade; as soon as we receive payment. You might need to restart your server to access additional resources.
Automatic Upgrades (Faster but limited options)
If you’re on our 75% or 125% Deals, and you want to upgrade/downgrade between them – you are able to automatically upgrade your server yourself. You can do so in the Client Portal entirely by yourself – just follow these steps:
- Go to the Client Portal
- Once logged in, navigate to your service by clicking the “Services” button at the top. (or just click that link)
- Alternatively, you’ll find a list of your services below the button, and you can just click into the service there.
- Once you’re looking at your service, you’ll see an “Upgrade/Downgrade” button on the left, just above “Request Cancellation”.
- Click into this page, and you’ll be taken to a confirmation page, which will allow you to switch between the 75% & 125% deals.
- If you’re upgrading, you’ll see a price on the Right Hand side in a drop down, allowing you to also change the billing period of your server if you desire.
- If you’re downgrading, you’ll also be able to change your billing cycle, but there will obviously be no cost.
- Assuming you’re upgrading; click the “Choose Product” button, and you’ll be taken to pay the upgrade cost.
If at any point during this process you have any issues or questions – you’re also able to go open a ticket, and try the manual upgrade process below.
Manual Upgrades (More options but a bit slower)
If you’re not on our deals, or you’re trying to upgrade from a custom package to one of our deals, or if you’re trying to upgrade your disk space/ram – you’ll be best creating a ticket. You can also get your server moved between different locations through a ticket. Just go to https://crident.com/support & let us know what you want, or what your budget is, and we’ll help you get the most for your money!
Our usual response time to an upgrade ticket is 2-4 hours depending on the day & time. This is because they’re not classed as urgent tickets.
Looking for addons for your server? Check out Crident Store: https://crident.store